Home Page Forums Community International Archive All About My Home & Home Automation BTicino weather sensors: Useful or not?

All About My Home & Home Automation
BTicino weather sensors: Useful or not?

This topic contains 36 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  sxpertle 27/03/2017 at 15:03.

• Verified

Hi,

My installer is going to fit a wind sensor so that I can automatically protect by blinds in the event of high winds.

Since he will be on the roof I thought it would be sensible to install additional sensors while he is up there. What sensors have you found useful and for what purpose?

I have bus controlled external sockets. So I may use these for a water feature, irrigation, robotic lawn mower etc. I also have external blinds so I could control the solar gain with these, although I could also use the internal temperature probes for this too.. 

If I understand correctly the BTicino sensors act more like a simple switch with a pre-set limit to trigger opening and closing of contact. They do not communicate the actual real time values.

Thanks, Mark

User
    MarkyMark
    Role
    Enthusiast
    146 posts
    Verified

i also thought of that

i think a good solution is the f459 driver manager who can integrate weather station from all big weather producers. There is info on the blog of this page.

User
    djtom2002
    Role
    End User
    268 posts
    Verified

Hi, Bticno doesn't have any weather sensor in its catalogue.

There are/will be some solution using drivers but for additional info I'm inviting you to contact your local subsidiary.

Regards

User
    BT_Marcog
    Role
    Legrand/BTicino Group
    4593 posts
    Verified

Hi.

F459 is not available in our country. Heard that professional weather control is possible via mh202. Do you know how?

User
    djtom2002
    Role
    End User
    268 posts
    Verified

is it possible via external sensors or f428?

User
    djtom2002
    Role
    End User
    268 posts
    Verified

I came across another use for a wind sensor. My outside PIR's were all on due to high winds. I could use a wind sensor to deactivate them when its windy

User
    MarkyMark
    Role
    Enthusiast
    146 posts
    Verified

how have you solved it?

User
    djtom2002
    Role
    End User
    268 posts
    Verified

The wind, weather station is still under discussion. I hope to do it before the summer; my blinds were destroyed last year by hail. Any info here is much appreciated.

For now, I just put all the PIR's in one light group and tuned them off from my phone. I have a scheduled action to turn them back on again then next day. My memory isn't what it used to be and I would no doubt forget I had turned them off 🙂

User
    MarkyMark
    Role
    Enthusiast
    146 posts
    Verified

Which weather Station can work with dry contact of bticino?

User
    djtom2002
    Role
    End User
    268 posts
    Verified

Hi MarkyMark, djtom2002,

regarding the F428 one of asked about: I can say, that we do have a working combination of an Eltako weather station/sensors (MSR12) with multiple F428. Of course such a system just allows to get an event on the SCS bus on, for example exceeding a certain wind speed. The threshold is manually configured at the Eltako components. It would be nice to have the actual wind speed, as a number, within a message on the bus, but well ….

Of course, at least getting a trigger on starting/stopping rain, too much wind, frost, on certain brightness levels is already very valuable.

User
    joftr
    Role
    Enthusiast
    132 posts
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.