Home Page Forums Community International Archive Scenario Scheduler changelog of MH 202 Firmware 1.0.21

Scenario Scheduler
changelog of MH 202 Firmware 1.0.21

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  sach3 21/12/2016 at 00:12.

• Verified

Hi there,

where can I get a changelog to see what has changed and if I need the new version

thanks,

Christian

User
    cschubert
    Role
    System Integrator
    6 posts
    Verified

There is no change-log available? seriously?

User
    cschubert
    Role
    System Integrator
    6 posts
    Verified

Hi cschubert,

the topic of changelogs is obviously either ignored or not understood regarding bticino device firmware in this forum. At least once in the past I also tried to get access to serious change information through this forum  – without any success. Unfortunately there seems to be no interest in seriously informing the interested or knowledgeable expert user.

To some degree I do understand this behavior: It is a hardware company, wanting to sell hardware. Software seems to be treated as a minor detail – and changelogs seem to be, on top of this, regarded as even more minor.

User
    joftr
    Role
    Enthusiast
    132 posts
    Verified

Hallo,

I want to be totally transparent with you.

I personally believe that be clear and provide info as the change log would be the right approach.

But obviously in big organization it's possible that this way of things is not understood.

So, unfortunately the information required is not available in public.

Any further comments are unusual.

Lorenzo

User
    BT_Lorenzo
    Role
    Community Manager
    7365 posts
    Verified

For other devices like the F454 are change-logs available, like this one

http://www.homesystems-legrandgroup.com/…/Version_History_F454_20160516.pdf

Why this had not been done for every device? I think the MH202 is a major topic for biticino, it is making automation even possible; maybe cannibalising their homeserver approach, but a necessary device..

User
    cschubert
    Role
    System Integrator
    6 posts
    Verified

Hi cschubert,

I wouldn't call the F454 "Version History" a ChangeLog. It is more like a high-level "news" file. Entries like "Optimization and minor bug fixing" are way too coarse for _good_ ChangeLog documents. Such entries essentially say nothing – nobody can derive what has been changed and which are the consequences for any interface the piece of software has. One might as well just skip them, since no information will be lost if such entries do not exist.

User
    joftr
    Role
    Enthusiast
    132 posts
    Verified

+1 for changelogs and more updates. Can't remember seeing a software project in the last 10 years that closed and with no information for the public… You guys really should go with time, else others will simply surpass you in all areas.

User
    robertsze
    Role
    Software Developer
    33 posts
    Verified

Apple found it stronger than him for the secrets:

LEGRAND

Big Smile

User
    sach3
    Role
    Installer
    222 posts
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.