Home Page Forums Community International Archive Touch Screen Configure L4684 from Windows 10

Touch Screen
Configure L4684 from Windows 10

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sheeppolo 27/06/2016 at 09:11.

• Verified

Dear all,

I am running TiDisplayColorIP 6.1 Build 4 in compatibility mode for Windows 7. It is the only way to download the config from the touch screen. But sending an updated config back does not work. Are there more recent tools to do this?

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Wim

User
    wimbor
    Role
    Other
    41 posts
    Verified

No other possibility. It is an old SW. You can make an attempt to install the SW in compatibility mode with WIN 7

Regards

User
    BT_Marcog
    Role
    Legrand/BTicino Group
    4593 posts
    Verified

Dear BT_Marcog,

The mainstream support of Windows 7 was halted by Microsoft in 2015. It is an ancient operating system that in the meantime has become less safe and is disappearing from our computer systems.

Why is the L4684 software not kept up-to-date?  Home automation components are designed and bought to be present in homes for long periods of time, and that means the customer also expects to be able to program them during a long period of time. My screen is about 5-7 years old and too young to be written off and replaced.

Best regards,

Wim

User
    wimbor
    Role
    Other
    41 posts
    Verified

Hello,

i'm using TiDisplayColorIP 6.1 with my L4684 on Windows 10 64bit, no compatibility mode, and it works without any problem.

When the software answer to you with an error, try to reboot your touchscreen.

If you want, you can use PUMA for editing config.zip and others things.

Bye

Marco

User
    Sheeppolo
    Role
    End User
    19 posts
    Verified

Hi Marco,

thanks for the comment. Are you doing something special? What compatibility mode are you using? Running as admin?

Best Regards,

Wim

User
    wimbor
    Role
    Other
    41 posts
    Verified

Hi Wimbor,

no, i didnt' use any compatibility mode and i didnt' run as admin.

Only installed and runned.

Now i'm using (on Windows 10 64bit) this software without compatibility/admin mode :

– Puma (version for 4684)

– MyHome_Suite (latest version)

– Supervision Gadget (latest version)

– TiDisplayColorIP 6.1 build 4

– Virtual Configurator (latest version)

Have a nice day 🙂

Marco

User
    Sheeppolo
    Role
    End User
    19 posts
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.