Home Page Forums Community International Develop Applications & software [EN] – SCS interface for Mac OS X

Applications & software
[EN] – SCS interface for Mac OS X

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  aalbanese 21/04/2010 at 17:53.

• Verified

I am looking for a small and simple interface between a Mac OS X and a the SCS bus, a sort of iSBC for Mac. There are several possibilities, in the Apple hardward, for using the USB interfaces: Time Machine, Airport Express, Time Capsule, Mac Mini or Xserver. Are there any experiences or suggestion about using the L4686sdk, Open WebNet interfaces? I assume that the MH200 and Web Server devices are not available.

User
    aalbanese
    Role
    Consultant
    1980 posts
    Verified

Ciao Andres,

the gateway from each platform (MAC, Linux, Windows, mobile) and My Home are the well know :
    _ethernet
    – F453AV
    – F452
    – MH200
    _RS232 / USB
    – L4686SDK

there is no other way to reach a My Home System

bye
    Lorenzo

User
    BT_Lorenzo
    Role
    Community Manager
    7365 posts
    Verified

Ciao Andres,

the gateway from each platform (MAC, Linux, Windows, mobile) and My Home are the well know :
    _ethernet
    – F453AV
    – F452
    – MH200
    _RS232 / USB
    – L4686SDK

there is no other way to reach a My Home System

bye
    Lorenzo

I was referring also to the software compatible with mac OS X. So far we have only the iMyHome that uses MH200, F452, and F453AV as interface. Are the RS232/USB and L4686 compatible with Mac OS X? Can they be connected to Macs and used to send open frames?

User
    aalbanese
    Role
    Consultant
    1980 posts
    Verified

I was referring also to the software compatible with mac OS X. So far we have only the iMyHome that uses MH200, F452, and F453AV as interface. Are the RS232/USB and L4686 compatible with Mac OS X? Can they be connected to Macs and used to send open frames?

Ok, now I understand.

BTicino hasn't software compatible with Mac OS.

L4686 is not a gateway
    L4686SDK is a gateway, so how is able to develop a sw that use RS232 or Virtual Com in USB, can use it as OWN gateway

ciao
    Lorenzo

User
    BT_Lorenzo
    Role
    Community Manager
    7365 posts
    Verified

Hi Andres, i'm trying to integrate the L4686SDK with iMyHome Desktop. However is a standard FTDI USB-RS232 converter that can be used on Mac OSX with specific drivers ( http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm ).

Andrea

User
    andrea_ap
    Role
    Software Developer
    186 posts
    Verified

I am upgrading my network to Apple Time Capsule as a Wireless Router, Backup drive, and network printer driver. I use a Mac Mini with Eye-TV to record TV programs, and Apple TV to purchase and watch movies. I use the iPad and iPod as remote controller and Skype telephone. Apple is addressing the mobile market and it supports VPN for the mobile devices.

It will be great to be able to write X code scripts for My Home in the Mac once we add the L4686sdk as interface. I am quite happy with the Apple Care support that provides 3 years of free telephone support and Warranty, not to say the many free workshops, and one-to-one sessions at the Apple Center. MobileMe has an excellent chat line for customer needing help managing their cloud.

User
    aalbanese
    Role
    Consultant
    1980 posts
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.