Home Page Forums Community International Develop OpenWebNet How to connect from openwebnet to 3578 USB dongle

OpenWebNet
How to connect from openwebnet to 3578 USB dongle

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  YoKo974 20/04/2019 at 15:07.

• Verified

Hi all,

I have an installation with myOmBox and the 3578 USB dongle and experience problems in the discovery of the devices on the network.

I want to use the openwebnet client to recursively look for neighbor devices to find the devices IDs on the network.

I connected the 3578 to my laptop installed the drivers and verified that it is connected to the zigbee network.

My laptop IP address is 10.0.0.1

When I go into the openwebnet client there are “Remote Host” and “Remote Host Password” that are needed in order to open a connection?

User
    Broudo
    Role
    System Integrator
    5 posts
    Verified

Hi again Broudo,
    I strongly suggest you try to use a free gateway solution that is very popular and with a vibrant user community (not like this forum here…).
    It’s called openHAB (http://www.openhab.org). After you install Java you can run on any Linux/Windows PC or even better you can run it on RaspberryPi3 boards.

Once you have openHAB installed, you can plug in your USB dongle, download the openHAB extension to work with the stick (see here: https://community.openhab.org/t/bticino-openwebnet-new-binding-bticino-openwebnet-2-0-binding-ready-for-testing/43377) and start openHAB.
    You THEN will be able to automatically discover the dongle and all your BTicino ZigBee devices and then operate on them. Of course openHAB has apps for Android, iOS and HABpanel to use it as a control panel for your home.

openHAB has the advantages over other things (like myOmBox): it’s free and has plenty of tools and extension, including Google Home and Alexa so you can turn off/on your BTicino devices using voice!!! I can do this in my home installation.

Give a try to openHAB and you will not be disappointed!
    Bye,
    Massi

User
    mvalla
    Role
    End User
    81 posts
    Verified

hi <span style=”color: #48595f; font-family: DinPro, sans-serif;”>Broudo & Massi, </span>

Greetings ! We have a Controller which helps you integrate Legrand ZigBee and SCS bus to control your lighting , curtain and Dimming. Apart from Lighting it integrates Texecom Security, Media and Hikvision Cameras in Single interface on a Smart Device. It also supports Voice commands with Google Talk , iphone and also Alexa. Please let me know if you want to see a demo online to experience how easily you can configure all these things in a minimal time.

Please suggest we can show you a demo online.

Look forward to your response.

Kind regads

pravin

pravin@smartalyse.com

User
    pravinwadekar
    Role
    End User
    13 posts
    Verified

Thanks @pravinwedekar for your advertisement,  but all these features are available with the open source free solution based on openHAB.

PS Out of curiosity, what does it mean Google Talk integration?
    Massi

User
    mvalla
    Role
    End User
    81 posts
    Verified

Hi  Brudo,

Did you find the solution with the installation of the myombox?

I have the same problem.

Thanks for help!!

User
    YoKo974
    Role
    Other
    1 posts
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.