Home Page Forums Community International Archive Scenario Scheduler MH202 scenarios issue

Scenario Scheduler
MH202 scenarios issue

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  MarkyMark 10/01/2017 at 16:27.

• Verified

Hello Legrand Community,

I need help with MH202 scenarios.

Objective is following: I have to control new Daikin AC using Legrand IR emitter. There are no discrete IR commands for ON and OFF, so I'm using power toggle IR command and getting feedback from AC unit by a dry contact connected to 003477 contact interface. 

I've created scenarios in the MH202 for ON and OFF buttons with conditions: for power ON sent toggle command ONLY IF feedback from AC is ON and opposite. Condition works fine, I'm getting feedback, the only one issue is that for some reason MH202 sends command to activate scenario on IR emitter TWICE! And then IR emitter sends POWER TOGGLE command to AC also TWICE: Power ON, then Power OFF, and as result AC is in a same state as before. I've tried to add command to scenario twice – MH202 sends command 4 time, result is the same. I've checked it with help of Hercules app connected to 20000 port of MH202.

If i program scenario switch to send power toggle command on IR Emitter – it works fine, command is sent only once.

Client wants to be able to use Master Off command to turn off AC units, thats why i need this feedback from AC with power Toggle command.

Any advice on it?

Thank you!

User
    ihomemalaysia
    Role
    System Integrator
    35 posts
    Verified

hi benoit,

perhaps try to insert a delay (1 sec) before the execute-command power off / power on. i had a similar problem some times ago. the mh202 starts the first programm (if power off…) and if now power is on he directly starts the second programm (if power on …) because now the other if condition is valid. this i could prevent with a delay command before i executed to power on.

User
    mr-sk
    Role
    Enthusiast
    66 posts
    Verified

Hi mr-sk,

Thank you for your answer, tried to set a delay – result is the same: MH202 sends command to activate scenario twice.

Anything else I can try?

User
    ihomemalaysia
    Role
    System Integrator
    35 posts
    Verified

I am not sure I fully understood but …. could you use Boolean counter as a flag to indicate the power state and use this in an 'only if 'condition. Or use separate scenariod to set the boolean state and then use this boolean as trigger when when it changes.

Also another idea, sometimes when there are no discrete power on commands you can create one from another function

eg cd player….. eject etc  command semetimes powers on CD players if its off, TV channel selection can work the same way too. It then  helps to keep the power state in sync with any programming assumptions.

User
    MarkyMark
    Role
    Enthusiast
    146 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.