Home Page Forums Community International Develop OpenWebNet Open Web Net command structure question

OpenWebNet
Open Web Net command structure question

This topic contains 20 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  sxpertle 01/02/2016 at 08:53.

• Verified

Hi LG_Giulia,

the official (?) documentation (http://www.myopen-legrandgroup.com/…/download.aspx , page 8) says to use *99*9## to get into a command session.

Now I wonder: what is the difference between *99*0## and *99*9## ?

User
    joftr
    Role
    Enthusiast
    132 posts
    Verified

Hi dchramcow,

you need tell your terminal emulation software to "flush" the characters you typed so far (which reside in a local buffer) to send them out as is. That's what the ASCII control code EOT (end-of-transmission) is for.

I cannot tell you what has to be done to putty to do that. All I can tell is, that in case of running plain old "telnet" on a Linux/Unix machine, you just have to hit Ctrl-D, which translates into EOT.

User
    joftr
    Role
    Enthusiast
    132 posts
    Verified

uncheck the local echo and local line editing options in the putty configuration

the.earth.li/…/Chapter4.html

User
    sxpertle
    Role
    System Integrator
    606 posts
    Verified

So sending the commands with CTRL + D instead of ENTER fixed PuTTy exiting by itself. Thank you so much guys.

But I still can't get the F454 to listen to my commands, I can get my test lights to turn on and off through the web portal/server just fine, but I can't get them to turn on/off through PuTTy.

The couple of lights I'm testing are:

#1 Area: 8 Light Point: 6

#2 Area: 8 Light Point: 7

Those two are on Local Bus #1.

And these are the commands I'm sending (I do send *99*0## first):

#1: *1*1*86##

#2: *1*1*87##

What I'm I doing wrong? is there a setting I need to change on the F454?

User
    dchramcow
    Role
    System Integrator
    53 posts
    Verified

Did you open the IP range in the F454

User
    eugeneduffy
    Role
    Wholesaler
    74 posts
    Verified

This is what I have enabled in my F454:

s15.postimg.org/…/IP_Range.png

User
    dchramcow
    Role
    System Integrator
    53 posts
    Verified

if the ip range is not opened; the F454 answers the *99*X## command with a challenge request… you can answer this challenge with the proper response (theres an algorithm using this challenge and the open password)

User
    sxpertle
    Role
    System Integrator
    606 posts
    Verified

So I did manage to control the lights I wanted through PuTTY, what did it was that I was typing the Local Bus as 1 instead of 01.

The command that ended up working was:

*1*1*86#4#01## and terminating the command with a CTRL + D.

Now, what would be the right way to send CTRL + D on an ASCII command through a Home Automation Controller like Crestron? I can't type in Hexadecimal because the connection would terminate because Open Web Net only accepts the following characters:

0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, *, #

So how would I send/terminate these commands through a Crestron controller?

User
    dchramcow
    Role
    System Integrator
    53 posts
    Verified

where = 86 or am i missing something ? So, your light On would be

who=1 for lights , what=1 for on, where =86 for A=8 Pl=6

*1*1*86##

User
    MarkyMark
    Role
    Enthusiast
    146 posts
    Verified

That would be true if I had that light on a private riser, but since I have it on a local bus #1, I have to send those extra parameters.

The command is correct, I've tried it many times through PuTTy, but I can't get it to work through my Crestron Controller.

User
    dchramcow
    Role
    System Integrator
    53 posts
Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.