Home Page Forums Community International Develop Integration Please suggest a good place for MyOpen, BTicino etc forum chat

Integration
Please suggest a good place for MyOpen, BTicino etc forum chat

This topic contains 18 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  MarkyMark 13/09/2017 at 13:18.

• Verified

It is really SAD what they did to this site/forum/community.

I started with BT Myhome back in 2008 I think, en when i discovered this place, it was such a good source of information and help.

Now it’s DEAD! You get no answers from GL/Bt except to contact your local resaler who mostly doesn’t know anything. Just the basics.

Even comments on the blog here don’t get answered, so why even keep this website then?

I’m in to help people with my limited knowledge like Markymark suggested.

@legrand/Bticino, i’m so disapointed in you. I see no steps forward, no really new products (Myhome) or anouncements. where is Homekit, Alexa, Sonos, connected devices???? Ah i forgot sorry the video doorbel and Myhomleserver came out with a new app, contratulation, it took years to get a decent app and a new server. Are you sleeping there or what?

User
    jpcolin2
    Role
    Installer
    584 posts
    Verified

Hi Colin, everyone

Please, everyone who has interest in keeping the community alive try to point others to our new community place. It is far too quiet there at the moment. I have posted many questions and have more if I get some responses šŸ™‚

You can post in the thread I started or create a new one in the same section. We need is enough interest to keep the community alive there since its dying here. I am happy to chat but so far I am mainly talking to myself.

My initial Ā thread:

http://www.avforums.com:bticino-openwebnet-scs-bus

Or if you don’t like that start a new thread in the same section and let us know. Link below:

http://www.avforums.com:smart-home

Some tips on the new site..

• You can set up email notifications for replies to threads you are interested in
    • You can quickly show interest in a post just using icon buttons for : like, funny, agree, useful etc
    • You create private posts to otherĀ members
    • The forum is moderated and I have asked the mods if it is OK to post there. They welcome us and are happy to for us to move our community activity to their site.
    • Note…..They do not like add blockers and discourage them in several ways. Its a professional run modern site but paid for by ads.

I too am disappointed in BTicino lack of support and lack if interest in the end users. Also disappointing recently was to find the browser almost useless on Myhome Screen10 and it says its ‘experimental’ and no updates for a year!!! Looks like development is dead then. Maybe I should have used a notepad and some apps instead.

I have the new video door bell and got it working with the app, SFERA panel and Screen10 panel. I would like to get rid of the button for stair light on the Screen10 video window but have no idea how so far. If you know please post in the new place. Again I was dissapointed, this time I find the image quality not that good for the price; especially on the SFERA panel. I have the day night camera version.

LG Mark.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by  MarkyMark.

User
    MarkyMark
    Role
    Enthusiast
    146 posts
    Verified

Same feeling here about the forum.

another forum would be helpfull.

Edit: I wonder if it wouldn’t be a good idea to create a bticino user group (BUG šŸ™‚ )forum on for instance proboards. If you bear with advertisements, then it is for free.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  JeroenDeRycke.

User
    JeroenDeRycke
    Role
    Software Developer
    10 posts
    Verified

Well I thought about that but wanted to checkĀ the if the effort would be worth it so I started something simple to get going for now. From past experience at AV forums if there is enough activity then the mods would create a sub section for us, but so far there is almost no activity… so its not looking good for the community.

https://www.avforums.com/threads/home-automation-bticino-openwebnet-scs-bus.2109138/

The above thread is now found by duckduckgo search engines with ‘forum, bticino’….. Top of page 1

User
    MarkyMark
    Role
    Enthusiast
    146 posts
    Verified

Well, I didn’t notice this thread here until today. So I figured there was no bticino users community left at all.

I will register at the avforums, but I think that having some bticino threads on a forum that has a lot of other threads too will make it difficult for others to find information they look for. If i encounter a problem, then I do a search on this forum first just because I know that I will not find anthing else but bticino stuff.

But we’ll see how it works out.

User
    JeroenDeRycke
    Role
    Software Developer
    10 posts
    Verified

I will register at the avforums, but I think that having some bticino threads on a forum that has a lot of other threads too will make it difficult for others to find information they look for. If i encounter a problem, then I do a search on this forum first just because I know that I will not find anthing else but bticino stuff.

Its not ideal but better than what we have. The search function of Ā AV forums is a lot more advanced than here. e.g. you can search by forum, thread, member, date.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  MarkyMark.

User
    MarkyMark
    Role
    Enthusiast
    146 posts
    Verified

Hi All,

I started a new thread at AVF for userĀ discussions of MH202 topics. At the top of thread I will try to collect some simple but useful tips and suggestions. Contributions are welcome. Just PM me at AVF and I will add it.

MH202 user discussions, help and advice

When AVF threads are created a tag list is automatically created. To make it easier to find a particular thread/topic check the tags and edit them if necessary

User
    MarkyMark
    Role
    Enthusiast
    146 posts
    Verified

These are threads currently running over at AVF:

Screen10 LCD panel

MH202 advanced scenario controller

F454 Webserver

Other MyHome bus topics

If would like to start a new thread/topic please post in the same forum section and take care to addĀ usefulĀ tagsĀ to help searches. Would be nice if you follwed the same titel format I use for the same reasons.

Also, in the very first post I add a section for bulleted tips/info. This can then be updated later with more information as it arrives. I wanted to create a kind of simple FAQ in each thread to help new users rapidly learn the more useful stuff, tips and tricks that others had to discover the hard way.

eg BTicino, Automation, MyHome, ‘Device/topic’,

The AVF section I am using is below:

https://www.avforums.com/forums/smart-home-climate-control-security-forum.54/

Personally I find the BTicino documentation and end user support terrible. This and the lack of information from actual usersĀ almost made me abandon the whole project. Therefore I hope BTicino see the positive side to all this offsite activity. It may help others decide to take the same path if there are people able to guide and support new users. Installers often do not the have time and sometimes no inclination to help users with trivial questions and brainstorm ideas. They have a business to run.

User
    MarkyMark
    Role
    Enthusiast
    146 posts
    Verified

User
    MarkyMark
    Role
    Enthusiast
    146 posts
Viewing 9 posts - 11 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.