Home Page Forums Home Page Questions on connections

Home Page
Questions on connections

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  giuseppedesio 17/03/2017 at 09:57.

• Verified

We are currently in the process of connecting to the server and due to lack of details in the documentation we are encountering the following issue:

We are opening a connection to the server and the server is replying with a "Welcome Message". The welcome message contains a tag "pwdop" with a 9 digit number as a value. A response is expected to this message to complete authentication and in this response a tag "pdwres" is expected to contain a response to the number sent. We are assuming that the response is probably the server password encrypted using the 9 digit number sent. If this is the case we need to know the type of encryption to be used since it's not specified, if it's not a form of encryption we need to know what the response should be generated.

Once we get the authentication going we should be able to deduce the commands accepted and the replies sent by the server however if more detailed documentation than what we received is available it would be helpful.

User
    FutureHabitats
    Role
    System Integrator
    15 posts
    Verified

Hi Mark,

You can find the "XOPEN Autentication.pdf" in the media gallery.

I hope that it would be useful for you.

User
    giucolombo
    Role
    Legrand/BTicino Group
    4 posts
    Verified

Thanks. We connected and created a badge.

User
    FutureHabitats
    Role
    System Integrator
    15 posts
    Verified

Hi. Please, can you post a link to download the “XOPEN Authentication.pdf” you are mentioning? I need to interact with my MH200N from a remote IP address (not in the trusted range), and I need to respond to device authentication challenges. Thank you in advance.

User
    giuseppedesio
    Role
    Enthusiast
    4 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.