Home Page Forums Community International Develop OpenWebNet Send command and get feedback.

OpenWebNet
Send command and get feedback.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  samueldirn 17/12/2018 at 23:44.

• Verified

Hello.

I want to send command and get feedback same imyhome. But when i send *99*1## i can't send command. and if i send command i don't get feedback event session. So I want how to send command and get feedback same iMyhome? 

User
    vuongxuanphuc
    Role
    Installer
    25 posts
    Verified

Good morning,

can you give me some more details?

1) Do you connect to a gateway (which one?),

2) in which way do you connect to the gateway? (using a client or directly from the terminal?)

3) the ip of you computer is inside the range IP?

4) which kind of authentication have you enabled in the gateway?

5) which is your OS?

Giulia

User
    Staff MyOPEN
    Role
    Community Manager
    1881 posts
    Verified

Thanks for answer.

1. I connect to f454.

2. I connect to F454 throught ethernet.

3. My computer inside the range IP.

4. I use iMyhome control myhome system it work.

5. I use iRidium in Win10. I write command to send to F454.

when i send *99*1## it send feedback to my computer but i can't send command to control light later.

If i send command to control light first, it work but it can't get feedback event .

User
    vuongxuanphuc
    Role
    Installer
    25 posts
    Verified

Hi vuongxuanphuc,

just guessing: are you sending a carriage return and/or line feed, after anything you type (= press Enter)? The OWN protocol server does not like this, you need to make your terminal software just send out what you typed. I don't know anything about "iRidium", but on any decent os/telnet combo, this is done with hitting Ctl-D on the keyboard.

User
    joftr
    Role
    Enthusiast
    132 posts
    Verified

Hi Joftr.

I send command not have CR and LF. iRidium is software control a lot of device ex: Myhome , AMX, KNX, Crestrol, Yamaha, Sonos, Denon… You can program and design graphic to control your system.

I want open 'command session' and 'event session' .

– When I open 'event session' I send *99*1## and I get a event feedback example receive: *1*1*68##. it OK.

But in this case I can't send command to control light.

– When I open 'command session' I send *99*0## and in this case I can send command to control ex: send: *1*1*66## it work.

But I can't get feedback status of light in real time. Can you help me.

Thanks

User
    vuongxuanphuc
    Role
    Installer
    25 posts
    Verified

can you try to do a test?

Can you send some OpenWebNet frames using an OpenWebNet Client?

you can find some clients in resources -> OWN Clients

Giulia

User
    Staff MyOPEN
    Role
    Community Manager
    1881 posts
    Verified

Hi vuongxuanphuc,

thanks for clarifying your situation. However, I obviously still don't really understand what exactly you are expecting? According to your description, the system works as specified/expected (as far as I understand it): Opening an event session yields events – if there are any. Opening a command session, makes it possible to successfully send commands.

So the point is, if you want to get events "in real time" you have to open an event session _and leave it open_, while, in parallel, opening another session, this time a command session. And finally send your desired command within the command session. The command session should get an ACK and an instant later the event session should get a STATUS message (depending on the command group/WHO).

User
    joftr
    Role
    Enthusiast
    132 posts
    Verified

Hi.

My system

When I send

Situation 1.

Connect client with webserver

Tx: *#*1##

Send: *99*1##

Tx:status of light..

Send: *1*1*68##

Send any command but don't get ACK.

Situation 2.

Connect client with webserver

Send: *1*1*68##

Send:*99*1##

Tx:*#*0##    ?

I want control light and feedback in real time . It over.

User
    vuongxuanphuc
    Role
    Installer
    25 posts
    Verified

Hi vuongxuanphuc,

Regarding your described "situation 1": Be aware that – as far as I know – the message *99*1## at the beginning of a connection does open an event session. It seems like you do want to _send_ a command, though – and thus you need a command session (*99*9##). An event session – as far as I know – does NOT accept any commands from a client. Most likely the event session server just ignores any commands – or even worse: goes into an undetermined state.

Regarding your described "situation 2": This flow seems odd to me. First one is supposed to send either *99*1## to select an event session, or *99*9## to select a command session. You are sending the *1*1*68## command _before_ selecting any session. IMHO this makes no sense. And further more, why are you sending *99*1## again? Doing this you are again opening an event session. I thought you wanted to open a command session (*99*9*##).

In case it is still unclear, I think it is worth looking at the official documentation by bticino: http://www.myopen-legrandgroup.com/…/16.aspx

User
    joftr
    Role
    Enthusiast
    132 posts
    Verified

Hi joftr.

I tried send *99*1## to open event session then I can't send *99*9## to open command session. Can you give me a example to control and feedback light. Thanks. The OWN_intro I read but it not help for me for my problem.

User
    vuongxuanphuc
    Role
    Installer
    25 posts
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.