Applications & software
Support for Imyhome

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rphopkins 24/08/2012 at 15:13.

• Verified

Hello,

After good advises on this application, I installed it on my customers iphone. Most of time, the Users want to control the house from outside (CCTV or anything else). This is quite complex so i asked help to the support. After A long time, Andrea replied me but its answer is not clear and request more details…but no answers.

I hasked another question by email for my customer whose would like to open their door lock (video door phone) from the app iphone like on the 10" screen but no reply…

This is quite complex to installed software 30€ where there is no support after installation….or update…

I spent a lot of time to reinstall all commands to iphone after ipad and 10".

This is the image of Myhome system. Legrand/Biticino must request rules to people whose devellopp system like he does to expert labels..

Please could tell which is the best app with support….

thanks

Alex

User
    askdomelec
    Role
    Installer
    25 posts
    Verified

Hi Alex

I'm sorry to hear your experience of the iMyHome application has not been to your expectations, I personally find this application is one of the best for iPhone users.

I believe your  troubles lie with your networking experience and not with iMyHome, as with almost any home (LAN) networked device to be seen/connected to from outside the home (WAN) settings and port rules must be made in the home owners router. Also the IP address of the Home will change regularly if a Static connection from the ISP is not given, in this case a DNS service will be required.

If the above is not making sense to you, I strongly recommend you consult an IT engineer for support

User
    rphopkins
    Role
    Legrand/BTicino Group
    566 posts
    Verified

Hello Richard,

thanks for your answer but i am just electrician with good knoledge of network. My problem is not to access to the webserver with any PC but with this app…when I ask to explain me how to do the settings, i have this answer:

"A practical example of a configuration may be this:

•the gateway have the address 192.168.1.100

•the pc have the address 192.168.1.150

•a first iPhone at address 192.168.1.200

•a second iPhone at address 192.168.1.201

In this situation you need to define a range that start from address 192.168.1.200 and end with address 192.168.1.201. Is very important that you specify a range that exclude the ip address of the pc ( 192.168.1.150 ) or you need to reconfigure the gateway using usb cable"

This is not answer for connecting the app from outside….

The way I see this forum is to help people whose working on My home. I see this system as a simple Home automation to get a Smart home for everyone.

When I ask how to get another function for door locker with this app, this is a customer request. I I proposed to have a lock at the command frame openwebnet with the software My sweat home when I execute from the 10" then I can write the command on your app into special command which I personalize.

I want only to get more help and give more feed back for Users.

I want as well to give good image of this Technology…

I repeat, I am really fan of this home automation and I did 3 huges Houses around Nice with more than 2 touch screens for each villa.

I do all settings with Virtual from the beginning. I am really glad of this Techno.

Please, do not push this techno the Geek people and try together to give more Digital House with Electricians…

Thanks

Alex

User
    askdomelec
    Role
    Installer
    25 posts
    Verified

Hi Alex

Thank you for the further explanation and I'm glad to hear your promoting and enjoying the MyHome system.

If your saying you understand and have done all the Port forwarding and DNS settings in the router, then the only setting I believe could be preventing your app from working is the 'IP Enabling' in the Web-Server.

Please add the following two ranges

1.0.0.1 –> 191.255.255.254

193.0.0.1 –> 255.255.255.254

These are the possible WAN addresses that any external device will be assigned by it's ISP.

User
    rphopkins
    Role
    Legrand/BTicino Group
    566 posts
    Verified

Hi Alex

Sorry I forgot to add the Door Entry Lock command in my answer.

Add the following string to the commands section of iMyHome

*6*10*4000##     this is the command to control the lock of entrance panel P=00, change the last two '00' of the string to match your entrance panels 'P' address.

User
    rphopkins
    Role
    Legrand/BTicino Group
    566 posts
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.