Home Page Forums Community International Develop Applications & software Windows 10 with poweshell scripts for myhome

Applications & software
Windows 10 with poweshell scripts for myhome

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  aalbanese 26/02/2016 at 23:46.

• Verified

I noticed, in the stores, that there are affordable tablets with microsoft Windows 10 that includes powershell for free.  Power shell is a scriptable language that has the potential to send and receive open frame messages to myhome.  Is there any interest in the forum? Are there any simple commands, and scripts to control myhome?

User
    aalbanese
    Role
    Consultant
    1980 posts
    Verified

I would love a PowerShell interface to MyHome…!

User
    wimbor
    Role
    Other
    41 posts
    Verified

I am looking for a way to scale the control of my small home toward large scale installations that include buildings, neighborhood, city and regions.  

I thought on a solution that uses a Windows 10 PC on each home that runs a processes or services  for each device in the home.  A single process monitors and  controls a single devices with all option and properties, like status: run, stop, enable, and disable, and controls the device status like blocked, unblocked, ON, OFF, UP and DOWN, set temperature, ….

PowerShell is a mangement tool that enables users and managers to select, and control all processes and services running in PC. Powershell has remote instructions executed according to user credentials to manage PC in an enterprise network..  May be,  in the future, using single line commands it would be possible to select devices according to the value of their properties to get all processes that have a light ON and turn then OFF or dim it according to location policies. 

User
    aalbanese
    Role
    Consultant
    1980 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.